Nationally, the outdoor recreation economy generates:
- $887 billion in annual consumer spending
- 7.6 million jobs
- $65.3 billion in annual federal tax revenue
- $59.2 billion in annual state and local tax revenue
In Pennsylvania, outdoor recreation generates:
- $29.1 billion in annual consumer spending
- 251,000 direct jobs (more than three times as many as the natural gas industry)
- $8.6 billion in annual wages and salaries
- $1.9 billion in annual state and local tax revenue.
More than half of Pennsylvania residents (56%) participate in outdoor recreation each year.